Thursday, August 28, 2008

Evernote-ing


I am horrible at organizing anything. I have these incredibly great aspirations of being super organized, and I spend an outrageous amount of time trying to achieve it, but it just doesn't ever come together. I end up having one bad day where everything goes to pot, and I throw it out the window.
Managing all the pieces of paper and notes that I take at work is one of these things. Evernote is a notebook on your computer. You can create notes, import pics, screenscrape web pages, and a million other things. All of this syncs with their web client which can then be accessed via your phone or another computer. It really isn't perfect yet, and is still missing some of the bigger features that they still have planed. But its free, and very useful.
So I am going to blog about it, and post my tips and tricks for how I am using it to stay organized.
Here is my first tip for all of you home making mothers out there, evernote is a perfect recipe/home making tips repository. Find a website that has a great recipe on it? Don't bookmark it, just hit the evernote button on your web browser and and is not permannatly stored on your computer. See some good tips on cleaning baby crap out of your carpet, click and its saved. All of this is now in your notebook which is fully searchable. Give it a try.
Evernote 3 is now in beta and is a free program. Find it at www.evernote.com .

No comments: