Monday, August 11, 2008

Going for the Gold

I love the Olympics. It is probably the only sport where Amy and I sit down and watch it together. So when the Olympics are on, nothing else is getting done.
Actually that is not true. We really only watch what is being broadcast during prime time. We thoroughly enjoyed the opening ceremonies. Since it was done by the guy who directed the movies Hero and House of Flying Daggers, I expected it to be pretty amazing, and I was not disappointed. One of the nicest things about watching this year was being able to DVR it and then fast forward not only the commercials, but the boring parts. Yes I am talking about the 1hr+ of athletes walking in. I am sure it is a necessary part of the opening ceremonies, but I refuse to sit through it.
It has also been fun to watch the gymnastic events with the girls. They have really started to do well in gymnastics this last year, and to have them see what it looks like a professional level has been fun. Their eyes sure get big, and they think it is the coolest thing ever.
So far, China seems to be doing a great job. Other than the ugly venue buildings, it looks to be an exciting event.

No comments: